As the clock hit midnight, an epiphany came to me: I’m 28 years old and I’m enjoying life to the fullest without any worry in the world whatsoever.
So naturally, I ask myself: what now, Raphael? What will you do to make this year even more wonderful than the previous one?.
And well, that’s a real challenge because truth be told, 2017 was one of the best travel years ever thanks to the many people I’ve met and the new places and experiences that I’ve enjoyed.
And speaking about gratitude, as I grow older, I get even more grateful for all the wonderful things that have arrived into my life and specially for those wonderful things that I’ve manifested for myself thanks to the power of positive thinking.
Here’s a recap of the 28 wonderful moments I’m grateful for in these 28 years of my life so far.
What are some of your top moments to be grateful for?
My Birthday Gift of Wonders: the 28 Wonderful Moments I’m Grateful For
1. I’m grateful for being alive since that’s the greatest gifts of them all. Don’t take life for granted and appreciate the joy of just being able to enjoy life.
2. I’m grateful for the fact I have seen most of the world. Can you believe that some folks have never left home?
3. I’m grateful for my wittiness even if it is tiring. Now, if you excuse me, I better stop rhyming.
4. I’m grateful for my family and the values they taught me. A man’s not an island and nobody truly succeeds on their own..
5. I’m grateful for the time my aunt paid for my first flight. At the age of 13, I never understood why people were afraid to fly.
6. I’m grateful for that scholarship that allowed me to see Europe for one entire year. If it wasn’t for that, I would have never gotten addicted to the life of travel.
7. I’m grateful for of my mother teaching me not to be shy and for always being able to say what is going inside my mind.
8. I’m grateful for my eyes that allow me to take some of the most beautiful portraits of the people I meet on my travels.
9. I’m grateful for my courage to always try out new experiences. The 22 year old version of me would have never guessed he would end up getting a big bamboo tattoo from a monk! EVER!
10. I’m grateful for my legs that have allowed me to climb mountains, cross rivers and explore new lands.
11. I’m grateful for those epic night that I don’t remember but that everyone else will never forget.
12. I’m grateful for the time that I chose to wear a kilt in public in Scotland while going commando. Coldest NYE ever!!!
13. I’m grateful for the many dumb mistakes I’ve made on the way since they taught me valuable life lessons.
14. I’m grateful for the fact that I was not born rich since that’s how I learned the virtue of hard work and sacrifice.
15. I’m grateful for being able to remember the person I was because it makes appreciate the person I’ve become.
16. I’m grateful for having experienced true love at least once no matter what happened after. Happily ever after is not a destination, it’s a journey.
17. I’m grateful for the time I booked a plane ticket without researching anything about the destination beforehand.
18. I’m grateful for the fact that I’m healthy and fit to travel and do whatever activity you want, even if you are just a little overweight. Just a little…
19. I’m grateful for the day that I decided to embark on my Journey of Wonders without an end in sight.
20. I’m grateful for the many friends I have met ever since I started this adventure and who I would have never met if I had stayed home.
21. I’m grateful for the many times people said “no” in the business world since the word “yes” means so much to me now.
22. I’m grateful for the many professional accomplishments of my newfound career of Travel Blogging.
23. I’m grateful for the sacrifices I have made because success tastes even sweeter because of how much it has costed me to get there.
24. I’m grateful for the haters I have because it’s a proof of the fact that I’ve made big. Keep them coming yo!
25. I’m grateful for the many luxury hotels I’ve stayed and of the dirty rundown hostels too: anything is better than not having traveling at all.
26. I’m grateful for that time I had to travel with a huge inflatable swan. It really made me appreciate the hard work that some Instagrammers put behind their photos.
27. I’m grateful for my family of wonders and their constant moral support in all of my crazy dreams and ideas.
28. And finally, I’m grateful for the fact that starting a Travel Blog allowed me to connect with awesome readers like the ones that are reading this letter. Happy birthday to me and I wish you all the best in your upcoming journeys!!!
Let’s make this 2018 even MORE wonderful than previous years!!! Challenge accepted my wonder friends!!!
What are some of your top things you’re grateful for in your life? Share your thoughts and see you soon!